Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 2.40.17 PM

Molly Trainor

Student Blogger

I’m a senior English major with a writing concentration, who’s only a short two hours away from my home in Columbus, Ohio. I started writing for Franciscan’s student newspaper my first semester and now also work with Marketing and Communications as a media assistant. My favorite place on campus is the Stations of the Cross, which is a little known place to find some inspiration. After graduation I hope to work in publishing, where I would love to edit Catholic fiction.

Filling the Void Through Ninevah 90

Usually, I don’t look forward to Lent, and I think it’s fair to hope that I’m not alone in that. Ash Wednesday feels like the longest day of the year for me. Washing the ashes off my forehead is the most satisfying feeling of the day, next to going to sleep knowing I can eat breakfast in the morning.

An English Degree that Matters

Two weeks before the end of my junior year at Franciscan University, I made the call to the managing editor of Quarto Publishing Group, finalizing my internship for the summer. I would be traveling to Beverly, Massachusetts, less than an hour north of Boston, to work in the editorial department of a major nonfiction publisher, which is exactly what I hoped to do after graduation.