ROTC-Dukart-Anderson-3

Alex Dukart-Anderson

Student Blogger

I’m Alex Dukart-Anderson and I’m a senior at Franciscan University. I will be graduating in May 2018 with a BS in computer science and a minor in communications. I’m from Mascoutah, Illinois, near St. Louis, but I have lived in a few places throughout my life, including overseas, because my parents were in the Air Force. I am the second out of seven children. After graduation, I will be commissioned into the United States Air Force as a Second Lieutenant. Though I have not received my job assignment yet, I am hoping to work as a Cyber Operations Officer. I enjoy participating in Franciscan Intramurals, Franciscan Outdoors Club, AFROTC, traveling, and mud runs/obstacle runs (5K+).

Ready to Launch: AFROTC at Franciscan

Growing up as an Air Force “brat,” moving around every couple of years and living on different military bases around the world was a part of my everyday life. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it’s the lifestyle I also pictured for myself. However, I also wanted to attend Franciscan University. Thankfully, I’m able to do both thanks to Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) at the University of Pittsburgh—just 40 miles from campus.