Zach_Kleinberg

Zach Kleinberg

Student Blogger

Hey, I’m Zach Kleinberg and I’m an international business student at Franciscan University. Whether studying back in Steubenville or here in Gaming, I am consistently reminded that life events will never stop until the day we cease to live. I believe that living in the present is crucial to our personal development, as we are like gold set in a fire to be purified, formed, and molded into perfection, into saints.

Kleinberg: We’re on the move!

Not much time has passed since I last wrote to you, but it is already the start of our second ten-day break. This break, we have the opportunity to travel anywhere in Europe, whether visiting favorites that we’ve already seen, cramming as many places possible within ten days, or simply going on a new adventure. Things at the Kartause have been pretty low-key the past few weeks, as we are cruising through the semester.

Kleinberg: There’s No Place Like Rome

We just got back from our 10-day pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi, and what a trip. While some students traveled to Rome by bus, others opted for further adventure by taking the overnight train to Florence. Let me begin by saying I have a great love for Gaming and Austria in general, but words cannot express the beauty and culture I came to appreciate in Italy.

Kleinberg: Venice

It’s hard to believe that the semester is halfway over. Mid-terms week is now underway here in Gaming as everyone is cramming and preparing papers and study guides.

This past weekend, I had the privilege of going to Venice, Italy after I had spent all of last week asking friends what their plans were for the weekend.

Kleinberg: Austrian Immersion

Word from Gaming, Austria!

It’s been just over two weeks since we arrived in Gaming, and it feels like minutes and months combined. There is so much beauty here, taking in the fresh air at the foothills of the Alps, with beautiful snow coating the courtyards of the Kartause.