MCAT

Molly Clarahan

Student Blogger

I learned of Franciscan University while I was in High School. I was adopted from China as a baby. My birth mother was unable to keep me and she left me in a basket with only a note including my name, birthday, and asking that I be taken care of. (I kind of feel like Moses.) The name she gave me, “Zheng Pan,” in Chinese means, “Hope for a Better Life”.

Clarahan: Abandoned in China but with Hope for a Better Life

I was asked to give a testimony at this past summer’s¬†Defending the Faith Conference on the way that Franciscan University has helped me grow in my faith and as a person. While¬†preparing for this talk, I thought I’d like to share with you the same. Because this school certainly has changed my life!

Clarahan: Summer Research Initiatives

This summer there are four exciting research projects being conducted at Franciscan University! Students have the opportunity to work with professors one-on-one to conduct scientific research in the fields of biology, chemistry, and biopsychology. I am one of these fortunate students staying in Steubenville this summer to work in the lab.

Clarahan: The MCAT: A Long Term Academic Goal

This summer I am preparing to take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) for entrance into medical school. The test is administered by the American Association of Medical Colleges and is a standardized exam testing the student in the subjects of general chemistry, physics, organic chemistry, biology, and a critical thinking section called “verbal reasoning.”

Clarahan: Let the Conferences Begin!

Among other things, Franciscan University is known for its summer conferences. Youth, adults, and religious travel from all over the country to come to Steubenville, Ohio. This summer, I am serving as a photographer for the conferences. Thus far, it has been a blast photographing the conference participants, especially the teens!