Michael-McLaughlin-headshot

Michael McLaughlin

Student Blogger

If there is one thing that I have learned in my time at Franciscan, it is that God must think He is pretty funny. No seriously. I mean it. In high school my least favorite subject of all time was Chemistry (sorry Mrs. Herbig). I HATED Chemistry. Ok, well, not hated, but very strongly disliked. Now here I am approaching my senior year with one of my majors being Chemistry. Am I crazy? Well maybe. But here is how it came to be…

McLaughlin: Enjoying the Sun in Southern Italy

This past weekend I had the opportunity to head to southern Italy and experience Naples, Pompeii, and the island of Capri! Savannah, Cecelia, and I discovered a travel agency for students in Perugia. The agency offers great deals for students at the universities to attend different trips.

McLaughlin: My Chemistry Project!

Two of the major problems that are commonly associated with solar cells today are the monetary cost and efficiency of this renewable energy source. However, one aspect which is commonly forgotten in determining the benefit of such a “green” energy source is the amount of waste which is produced from the processing of the solar cell.

McLaughlin: On top of the world in Assisi

One of the first things that caught my attention about this international research experience was the location. Perugia is close in proximity to Assisi. For Franciscan’s study abroad program based in Gaming, Austria, one of the places you get to travel to is Assisi. I fell in love with this little Umbrian town. So when I woke up this past Saturday, I was determined to make it to Assisi.

McLaughlin: The Chemistry of Adventure