FemaleSilhouette

Louise Craig

Student Blogger

God loves us and has our best interest in mind. He wants us to have a ten-year old heart again that is perfectly content with building and playing and coloring. He wants us to be grounded in the truth that He is going to take care of everything. Everything. Saint Paul reminds us that “where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (2 Cor 3:17). And freedom comes from living out our identity as sons and daughters of the Father. When we live as children of God, we do not lose our “grown up” identities. When we embrace childlike trust and surrender, God empowers us to go out and change the world. For He promises, “I will be with you always, until the end of the age” (Mt 28:20).

Learning to be Ten Again

I remember when I was 10. I ran around care-free and worried about absolutely nothing. The biggest problem at that age was having to go to bed early. (Imagine such torture!) Not once did a thought enter my mind about the logistics of planning or how to get from one place to another. I knew that I would be clothed, fed, and watered.

Freedom in Christ: The Role of the Pastoral Counselor

The goal of pastoral counseling is freedom—freedom from whatever prevents the person from living life to the fullest. Fulfilling one’s greatest potential is the goal in all types of counseling, whether in a pastoral or clinical setting. But what makes pastoral counseling unique is that this type of freedom finds its roots in Jesus Christ.