Bio Pic

Claire Nichols

Student Blogger

Hello all! My name is Claire Nichols and I hail from the beautiful state of Oregon. I’m currently in the process of earning my Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I’ve had a passion for exploring the beauty, dignity and psychology of the human person for as long as I can remember. It wasn’t hard to figure out that counseling is my true calling, and ultimately, my dream job. Other interests of mine include being in nature (preferably in sight of mountains), dancing, trying new recipes, and spending quality time with those I love.

Multi-Faceted Approaches of Pastoral Counseling

Struggling with feelings of depression? Anxiety? How about low self-esteem or anger management issues? In spite of all this, what about other spiritual struggles such as mistrust in a God-given purpose for your life, or a lack of belief in God’s love and forgiveness?  Mental health issues are usually seen as requiring a different kind of help than the form of assistance required for one’s spiritual dilemmas.  Although seeking help from a counselor and a spiritual director is always an option, pastoral counselors are clinically and spiritually equipped to professionally aid both sorts of issues in a person’s life.

Faithful Guidance – The Importance of Pastoral Counselors

The term “pastoral counseling” can hold a variance of meanings to different individuals. To some, this brings to mind an image of a male pastor who helps clarify God’s direction in a person’s life. To others, this term specifically relates to a professional counselor who only helps those practicing the Christian faith.