Female Silhouette

Angela Cosentino

Student Blogger

Hello, everyone! My name is Angela, and I am a junior here at Franciscan University. I am a Theology and Philosophy major, minoring in Human Life studies, and I am excited to write blogs for Franciscan University. I hope to give all of you a unique first-hand perspective on life here at the University.

Cosentino: A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

As I was sitting in class today, I was shocked as I came to the realization that there is only one week of classes left in the semester. I know we all say this every year, but this semester seriously went by so quickly. You always think that life will slow down, but honestly, it only gets busier.

Cosentino: Thanksgiving Celebration

Hello, again!

As I was shopping in the local grocery store the other day, I was struck by the Christmas decorations that went up almost immediately after Halloween. Although I am inspired by this enthusiasm for the Christmas season, we cannot forget about Thanksgiving. Consequently, as a rule, I will not allow myself to listen to Christmas music until then, despite the fact that I am extremely tempted.

Cosentino: Franciscan Fall

Hello again!

So the good news is that we have finally made it through mid-terms. They usually set in about this time of year, when the leaves start to turn and a slight chill enters the air. Consequently, the long-awaited exams remind us not only that we are already halfway through the semester, but also that fall is finally here!

Cosentino: Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Hello everyone!

I hope that you all had a wonderful summer. For me it was great, but as usual, it went by just a little too quickly.  I had the wonderful opportunity to work full-time in the Admissions Office here at Franciscan, so for the first time, I did not go back home to Arizona for the summer.

Cosentino: Easter: the Celebration of Beauty, Life, and Love

Since I have last written to you all, so many things have happened. During one of the busiest academic times of the year, the computer that I have had since my junior year of high school finally failed on me. It was giving all the typical signs of old age, but I simply did not want to believe them.

Cosentino: Spring Break and Engagement

Well, I am glad to report that spring is finally here. I actually stayed on campus for most of the break, working in the Admissions Office, since I figured I would be able to pick up a few extra hours and have the privilege of seeing campus during one of the quieter times of the year. And it was very quiet, the perfect atmosphere for me to catch up on some extra reading.

Cosentino: Sunshine and Frisbee

I am glad to report that the fog and chill of winter have finally begun to lift, revealing the warm and lively spring that lay dormant beneath it. I cannot tell you all how surprised I was when I saw a girl wearing shorts and flip-flops to class. Although this winter was mild (one of the most mild that we’ve seen in a long time), in my opinion, it still wasn’t quite the time for summer clothes.

Cosentino: Love and The Blessed Mother

Hello, again!
I hope all of you had a wonderful St. Valentine’s Day. As I sit here in the Grotto writing this blog to all of you, I can’t help but notice the many roses adorning the rocks of this Marian sanctuary. In celebration of Valentine’s Day, the Sacrifice of Love household was selling roses for the young men on campus to purchase for their “special someone.”

Cosentino: Stop And Smell The Roses

Hello, everyone! I am so glad to finally be writing to all of you again. I know it has only been a couple of weeks since I have last written to you, but already so much has happened. As I reflect on this time, looking back on my experiences, it is beautiful to see the ways in which God has worked in my life.

Cosentino: March for Life 2012

Hello, everyone! My name is Angela, and I am a junior here at Franciscan University. I am a Theology and Philosophy major, minoring in Human Life studies, and I am excited to announce that this is my first blog of the semester. Over the course of the next couple of months, I hope to give all of you a unique first-hand perspective on life here at the University.