thumbnail

A. Karina Resendiz

Student Blogger

I am Karina, a passionate Latina and traditional Catholic. Hola a todos! My passion is to work with people and that is why I am now in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling grad program. I have a bachelor’s degree in Spanish translation and interpretation. I grew up in Toluca Mexico. Half of my education happened in Mexico and the other half in California; I completed my high school and undergraduate education in Cal State Long Beach. Now I am about to star my second year living in Steubenville and I am loving this side of the country! I am not 100% sure of what I will be doing after I complete my Master’s program but I am completely devoted to serve God and follow His will. I am open to anything He wants me to do.

Who is Helping You Take Care of Your Soul?

Taking care of your self implies taking care of the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects; for example nutrition, leisure activities, emotions, relationships, etc. Counseling may assist in taking care of your mental well-being which affects your emotional and physical health. The point that I am trying to make is that a clinical counselor helps you take care of your life, and so, who helps you take care of your soul?