14454129_1076463545740594_902121626_o

Josefa Gonzalez

Student Blogger

Hi! My name is Josefa Gonzalez. I’m a senior here at Franciscan majoring in communication arts and loving every second of it. I’m from northern Virginia (yes, northern must be specified because southern VA is basically another state) but if people ask I usually just say DC. I enjoy a good cup of coffee (French press please) and pretty much everything on the Starbucks menu.

My favorite food is avocado (added to any meal) and coconut flavored anything. In my spare time, you can find me in the gym boxing, running, in the library blogging and writing my senior thesis, or hanging out with my sisters on the Little Flowers wing.

Gonzalez: Chapel Time

Franciscan University is such a special place for so many reasons. And I think I could talk all day about why, but there are a few standout reasons why I think Franciscan is unlike any other university.

Gonzalez: On Returning to Campus

Coming back to school is always exciting. You get to reunite with your friends after not seeing them the entire summer, and start living on your own again. It’s such a joyous time of year. But also stressful- I don’t know about you guys, but the beginning of the year can be overwhelming.